Obviously we are hoping the riots that have taken place in London and elsewhere, are not replicated within our area. However, to be prepared, the following Police advice has been issued.
POLICE ADVICE FOLLOWING PUBLIC DISORDER AROUND THE UK
- Ensure staff report any suspicious activity to security officials and the police
- Consider regular checks of the building and surrounding areas. Identify any areas that are vulnerable and remove loose objects that could be used as missiles
- Make sure all service doors are kept locked and secure when not in use
- Ensure your CCTV system is fully operational
- Consider removing high value goods from display windows overnight
- Keep as little cash as possible in the building overnight
- Where possible retail premises should be suitably staffed with security guards
- Landlords need to ensure that residents living above commercial premises are aware of risks and ensure that all fire alarms, smoke alarms and fire escapes are fully functional
- Does your alarm company have the latest key holder information? If not call them now
- Does your business have an emergency business plan?Keep safe everyone, common sense has to prevail eventually doesn't it?