Tuesday 18 January 2011

So how many seat bottoms are there in the world? A Tuesday musing.

It's the time of the year when the accounts have to be up to date and taxes paid - so I've been doing some bookkeeping!

Three years ago we changed our accounting systems, it was about time as the previous software was a bit out of date, we'd bought it in 1997. The new software is just so much more advanced, very easy to use and it can tell you stuff you didn't even know you needed to know! For example, I now have a rough idea of how many seat bottoms we've replaced in the last three years - 900, almost one a day every day allowing for Bank Holidays and the odd weekend off.

So working on that principle, it's likely that I've handled more than 5000 seats in my time so far, wow! If I keep going at the same rate until official retirement, (whenever that may be) I could have seen over 12000 seat bottoms - what a prospect.

No comments: