Friday 12 March 2010

Baskets

With thoughts of getting the truck ready for the "show season", we've realised that we must also start thinking about preparing some exhibition stock. Last year I made a few splint baskets to add interest to our display. It made a change and happily they were well received. So this year it would be good to make some more adventurous ones. Another reason for wanting to make baskets - I strained my back at the weekend while digging in the garden, so a gentle sit down job will suit much better just now than trying to walk round a chair pulling and tugging at the seat!!


I enjoyed dying the splint and mixing the different tones of colour together, so perhaps this year I'll be a bit bolder with some of the colours. I also made a few baskets in non traditional shapes which were sold very quickly, so maybe I'll have a go at some more outrageous ideas this year.

If I can give myself a little more free time, (ha ha), it would be nice to play with some of the other ideas I want to experiment with, but as usual it seems like that's unlikely to happen.

No comments: